Illinois is known for a lot of things: corruption, debt, taxes, wasteful spending. But, I think it would be beneficial for our collective mental well-being to take a quick break from depressing you with another top 10 list about Illinois’ serious problems.
There’s actually a decent amount of famous native Illinoisans, most of whom don’t live here anymore — if they are in fact still living. From writers, movie stars and politicians to notorious criminals, here are 10 famous people you may or may not have known are from Illinois.
- Illinois brought in record tax revenues last year and still can’t find a way to ease the deficit. How will raising taxes help? Use our Sound Off tool to tell your politicians no more!
- Why it’ll cost you because Illinois is drowning in debt.
- This infographic provides a snapshot of the scope of Chicago’s pension trouble.
- Rauner could help state GOP in Nov., but don’t expect miracles.
- Democrats approve $100 million Obama presidential library; moves to the House.