President Obama has been making serious waves in Chicago recently, between House Speaker Michael Madigan’s $100 million proposal to build Obama’s Presidential Library in the Windy City. Now Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that CPS will be building a new selective-enrollment high school, which will be named after the President. So what do you think?
Want more? Of course you do! Here are 5 Related Articles:
- What’s in the Chicago pension reform bill that’s the subject of this column? Here are the main points.
- What’s next in the Chicago pension reform effort? Is it fair to compare Chicago and Detroit?
- Illinois Senate President John Cullerton makes a candid confession in this op-ed.
- Follow this timeline of the perfect storm that created Illinois’ statewide pension disaster.
- See what happened when Gov. Pat Quinn and challenger Bruce Rauner had their first public face-to-face meeting at the annual meeting of the Illinois Education Association.