Just in case you didn’t know already, Illinois loves to tax its citizens. The proof is in the numbers, so here are some facts about Illinois and taxes:
- Illinois has the second highest property taxes in the U.S.
- Illinois has the fifth highest gas tax in the U.S.
- Illinois has the second highest taxpayer burden in the U.S.
- Illinois has the tenth highest sales tax in the U.S.
Now, after that, you really shouldn’t be surprised that Illinois made it to another “Top 10 Tax” list. See our interactive map and chart below for a look at how the wireless tax rate in Illinois compares to other states:
Next article: See how Illinois’ cost of living compares to other states in the U.S. with this interactive map!>>
Want more? Who doesn’t! Here are 5 Related Articles:
- Here’s the 25 Illinois Counties with the Highest Median Property Taxes
- Illinois Policy Institute: Here’s how to lower taxes AND fix the state budget
- Gassed by high prices at the pump? You may live in one of these 10 states
- Should Chicago have a city income tax?
- 10 States with the highest combined local and statewide sales tax