Illinois is home to the highest paid college president in the United States: University of Chicago President Robert J. Zimmer. We’ve got the top 10 university presidents in Illinois ranked both by total compensation and by base salary. Those lists are below. For a complete list of all Illinois university presidents, as well as college presidents from all over the United States, visit the Chronicle of Higher Education here.
While the compensation for Illinois university presidents range from well above to below the national average, Illinois ACT scores on the whole are slightly below the national average. Illinois does have some very intelligent students attending college in the state, though. In fact, two universities made the top ten list of smartest colleges in the nation.
- Illinois state budget creates big trouble for both Gov. Pat Quinn and challenger Bruce Rauner
- Illinois education reform draws big money from out-of-state billionaires
- 3 ways to measure the savings from Illinois pension reform
- Take our poll: Should the 2011 income tax increase become permanent?
- Illinois state budget built for failure?